August 29, 2009

Scoundrels













A very very sad affair.

So, it's a usual slow Sunday evening, and I browse through imdb. Rashomon catches my attention, and I readily gulp down an awesome movie. Here's what's awesome about it - the story - it's about perspectives. I have never ever been left happier and more satisfied after watching a movie. It leaves you and your brain at the right kind of place.
Alas, my enlightenment was to be short lived.
Mid-week saw me watch a late night, highly recommended, bollywood take on a dark comedy. Personally, it's a stinker. It appears that a hakla-totla twin bro duo running wild amidst their cheezy dreams n desires, n cheesier gun happy bad men of Mumbai -- the pointlessness of et al--- is winning a million hearts. David Dhawan's movies are far better. They always stick to their promise. No brains required. I can't understand it, and hence I am feeling really sad and angered.

A few days later I got to see a hollywood movie that went the bollywood route. Boy meets girl, does a mini bollywood dance sequence, meets love, is left heartbroken, gains perspective, and we finally top it with a happy ending. What's wrong with the world?

Here I am, unable to fathom the change in my self set stereotypes of a bollywood movie and a hollywood movie. We are back discussing perspectives again. They call it Rashomon Effect.








No comments:

........RAINDROPS........

From tolstoy 2 dahi vada & havana club 2 Khwaja mere khwaja
- Anything that can possibly leave its fragrance on
a swiftly eroding memory.